Monday, February 19, 2007 7:52 AM Conduit

I've recently been looking at a way to sync files between my laptop, desktop and work computer. After considering iFolder, I settled on Unison. It's worked well, although it has crashed on me in the middle of some larger transfers.

Both of the above perform simple file synchronization. So if you want your email, or your Gaim contacts, or your Tomboy notes synchronized, you need to find where they store their files and setup the profile.

In steps conduit. It's got me excited. It knows about all of the different types of things I may want to synchronize between computers. And ... even more importantly, it knows how to sync between different applications. From the screenshots, it appears that it will sync between different application types. For instance: sync your notes between Tomboy and and gmail!

They're still young software but I'm sure that they would love more testers and developers. The best part is that it is written in python, which significantly increases the chances that I'll contribute.

Conduit

No comments:

lakin's shared items